qtHandles on MacOS X

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: qtHandles on MacOS X
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2012 14:05:05 -0400

Michael/jacob

Good news, I'm able to run qtHandles on MacOS X.

I installed octave built from the gui branch (into /usr/local), then installed
QtHandles, and built the gui.

I'm using MacPorts as my package manager. It installs everything in /opt/local,
so I needed to edit the Makefiles as qmake had incorrectly inferred that Octave
lived there.

I ran the plot demos.  Everything worked nicely up until the uigetdir demo.

        ASSERT failure in QWidget: "Widgets must be created  in the GUI
thread.", file kernel/qwidget.cpp, line 1280
        panic: Abort trap: 6 -- stopping myself...

Ben