Re: Cannot find dependencies when "pkg build..."

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Cannot find dependencies when "pkg build..."
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 10:07:33 +0100

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 12:27 AM, Michael Goffioul <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

I got a weird problem, while trying to rebuild the optim package form octave-forge. When I do "pkg install...", it builds fine, but when I try to create a binary package with "pkg build...", it then complains about missing deps:

error: the following dependencies where unsatisfied:
   optim needs miscellaneous >= 1.0.10
 optim needs struct >= 1.0.10

Obviously those deps are present in my octave install, because I can install the package normally. I also tried to load these packages before building optim, but it didn't help. Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

It seems it is by design (at least in 3.6.2). The "build" subfunction calls "install", providing only a path to local installation data and nothing for global inst data. Moreover the local inst data points to the "octave_packages" file into the target build directory, but at that stage it's obviously empty.

Michael.