Can we/should we expire threads in Nabble?

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Can we/should we expire threads in Nabble?
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 14:28:31 -0400

It's happened a few times, but not too frequently, that someone does a
web search for a problem they have with Octave, they find something in
Nabble, and then they try to talk to a really old post from a few
years ago about that problem.

I don't like that much, since it seems to me that the topic is dead
and buried and the people who participated in that discussion are
possibly long ago gone. Instead, I'd like to encourage to ask a new
question, possibly directly referencing the old thread they found.

To this end, I'd like to know if it's possible to expire threads in
Nabble, and if so, should we do it?

- Jordi G. H.