Core Functions and Matlab Compatibility

From: Rik
Subject: Core Functions and Matlab Compatibility
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2012 08:51:45 -0700

> Message: 1
> Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 03:59:40 +0300
> From: fotios <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: core function polyeig
>
> This is a core function in M2012a and if i m not wrong it does the same
> thing with the attached one. Someone able to check that? Note that i do
> not like the way i do the error check in that function. So if anyone has
> just a bit of time improve it.
>
> condeig is another nice function relatively easy to implement (see "On
> estimating the condition of eigenvalues and eigenvectors" by C.V.Loan).
> I might do that myself as an Octave function.

7/1/12

All,

In the same vein, there are a number of functions in core Matlab for which we have implementations in Octave-Forge.  I went through the list of missing functions in unimplemented.m and compared it to what might already be available.

The following have an implementation on Octave-Forge:

gsvd
condeig
expint
erfcinv
ellipj
ellipke
funm
evalc (should be trivial to capture stdout)
exifread
sound
soundsc

Given that it is easier to massage code to meet Octave core's guidelines rather than writing new code from scratch, I think we should look at importing these functions before the next release.

--Rik