Re: Compilation failure in GUI

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Compilation failure in GUI
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 09:33:07 +0100

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 9:10 AM, Jacob Dawid <address@hidden> wrote:
Of course I could just switch to QPixmap here - but I don't know what
the policy is here. I am using this package on Ubuntu and would
generally opt for the latest packages:
http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/libqscintilla2-8

It looks like F16 is stuck at 2.5.1. Only F17 has packages for 2.6.x. If you don't absolutely need to use a QImage (in this case, I would guess you don't), I'd say try to be as backward-compatible as possible to cover more linux distros. Personally I don't mind recompiling my own upgraded qscintilla package, but I guess a normal user would prefer not to do so.

Michael.