Re: GUI compile

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: GUI compile
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 07:48:41 +0100

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 4:26 AM, Robinson, Melvin D <address@hidden> wrote:

On 7/3/12 10:24 PM, "marco atzeri" <address@hidden> wrote:

>On 7/4/2012 2:12 AM, Robinson, Melvin D wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 10:46 PM, Robinson, Melvin D
>>
>>     Hello,
>>
>>     I am building the latest GUI and get these errors.  Any idea what I
>>     might be doing wrong?
>>
>>     In file included from octave-adapter/octave-link.cc:18:0:
>>     octave-adapter/octave-link.h:28:27: fatal error: octave/config.h: No
>>     such file or directory
>>     compilation terminated.
>>     make[1]: *** [octave-link.o] Error 1
>>     make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/melrobin/octave/gui/src'
>>     make: *** [sub-src-make_default] Error 2
>>

>> How did you generate the Makefile's? Was mkoctfile in your PATH when you
>> called qmake? It would help if you could give the full compilation
>> command that is failing, and not only the error.
>>
>> Michael.
>>
>> I just went to the gui directory and typed 'qmake-qt4 gui.pro'.  There
>> was no output from this command.  I then typed 'make'.  This is the
>> correct way, isn't it?
>
>you need first to install octave.
>The gui build is not yet connected to the rest of the build.
>
>the gui build is looking octave/config.h on
>/usr/include or  /usr/local/include
>
>Regards
>Marco
>
>OK, this makes sense.  I will try that.  I built Octave, but did not
>install.

When generating the Makefile's, qmake will pull octave include and lib paths using mkoctfile. So mkoctfile needs to be in your PATH (and octave must be installed). In my case, I install octave in a non-standard directory, so I usually do:

PATH=/where/octave/is/installed/bin:$PATH qmake-qt4 -recursive
make

Michael.