Re: Please build the JIT branch

From: Max Brister
Subject: Re: Please build the JIT branch
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 11:30:16 -0500

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 3:34 AM, Michael Goffioul
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 2:36 PM, Jordi GutiƩrrez Hermoso
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Hi, guys.
>>
>> The JIT branch needs a bit more love and code review:
>>
>>     http://inversethought.com/hg/octave-max/
>>
>> Please clone it and attempt to build it, especially on non-GNU
>> systems.
>

> On my you-know-what non-GNU system, I'm facing 2 problem that I'm currently
> trying to work around:
> 1) llvm-config is not built (need to hack the cmake files to make it built)

Using llvm-config seemed like the easiest way to locate llvm. I didn't
know that it was not available on all systems. Is there some way I can
change the configure script to make this easier?

> 2) configure.ac unconditionally uses "-isystem" compiler flag (I can
> probably hack my compiler wrapper to support it, but what's the reason for
> doing that?)

The issue is that including the llvm headers caused lots of warnings
in gcc. I got around this by using -isystem. Is there a better way to
do this? At the very least I could check to see if -isystem is
supported before using it.

Max Brister