Re: Imploding pkg.m

From: Rik
Subject: Re: Imploding pkg.m
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 11:36:04 -0700

On 07/12/2012 09:57 AM, address@hidden wrote:
> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 09:38:06 -0400
> From: Jordi Guti?rrez Hermoso <address@hidden>
> To: Octave Maintainers List <address@hidden>
> Subject: Imploding pkg.m
>
> Can we please move the private functions of pkg.m back into pkg.m as
> subfunctions? I don't find one-function-per-file to be easier to work
> with than multiple functions per file. You don't do
> one-function-per-file in any other language, do you?
7/12/12

Jordi,

This seems fine.  The functions in private/ directories are usually ones
which we don't want polluting the global namespace, but which need to be
accessed by more than one function.  Given that pkg.m is the only script
which actually calls these functions they might as well be subfunctions.

--Rik