Re: Contributing to Octave help function.

From: Michael D Godfrey
Subject: Re: Contributing to Octave help function.
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 09:20:14 -0400

On 07/19/2012 09:02 AM, Sergey Dudoladov wrote:
  Any feedback  is welcome. In particular, I have two questions
  1) Is it possible to do it using m-scripts only?  I currently don't know C or C++.
help is an m file, so that is a place to start.  In Octave type which help.
  2) Is there any detailed description of a code contribution workflow ( besides contributors guide ) I can follow ?
Here is a start:
To report a new bug go to
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=additem&group=octave

If you have a patch to fix it, you should create a changeset. See
http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Basics-of-Generating-a-Changeset.html#Basics-of-Generating-a-Changeset

It is a good idea to enter this as a bug.  This way it will get attention.  Most (but not all) incompatibilities
with Matlab can be considered as bugs.

      I interested in things like "When and how often to build sources ?", "What things should be changed in configuration files when I change a function?" etc.
Octave is under quite active development.  You will get the idea soon.  Look around the Octave web page
and wiki.

Thanks for your interest.
 mdg