Re: JIT branch merged in

From: Max Brister
Subject: Re: JIT branch merged in
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 15:39:57 -0500

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 3:18 PM, Jordi GutiƩrrez Hermoso
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Max's JIT compilation seems to be good enough to be merged back into
> Savannah, so I just did it now:
>
>     http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/graph/0ef151f9fdc9
>
> Max will now be working on the Savannah repo. I love how colourful our
> DAG looks now. :-)
>
> JIT compilation is a configure option and disabled by default, since
> it requires LLVM 3.0. Perhaps in a near future we can enable it by
> default.
>
> Woohoo! Thanks, Max!
>
> - Jordi G. H.

Thanks for moving JIT into core Jordi. I should mention that in order
to build with JIT you need to configure like

./configure LLVM_CONFIG=path_to_llvm_config

I would appreciate it if people tested JIT. JIT has the potential to
introduce some horrible bugs, and I would like to find as many of them
as possible before a release.

Thanks,
Max Brister