Re: including a new gnulib module

From: c.
Subject: Re: including a new gnulib module
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 10:03:49 +0200

Il giorno 22/lug/2012, alle ore 16.52, John W. Eaton ha scritto:

> On 22-Jul-2012, c. wrote:
>
> | Hi,
> | I'd like to write a DLD function that uses the base64 and base32 modules
> from OF.
> | How do I add these to the list of modules being built when compiling Octave?
>
> The list of gnulib modules is in the file build-aux/bootstrap.conf.
> That list should only include the modules we use directly.
> Dependencies are supposed to be handled automatically.
>
> jwe

Hi,

I added the module as suggested and indeed it seems to have been built:

$ ls libgnu/base64.*
libgnu/base64.c         libgnu/base64.h         libgnu/base64.lo

$ nm -a libgnu/.libs/libgnu.a | grep base64
nm: no name list
nm: no name list
libgnu/.libs/libgnu.a(base64.o):
0000081e T _base64_decode_alloc_ctx
000002b0 T _base64_decode_ctx
0000029f T _base64_decode_ctx_init
00000000 T _base64_encode
000001d7 T _base64_encode_alloc
00000265 T _isbase64

but I stiil seem to have problems linkng to it from a DLD function, as I get:

Undefined symbols:
  "base64_encode_alloc(char const*, unsigned long, char**)", referenced from:
      Fbase64_encode(octave_value_list const&, int)in base64.o
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Can anyone see what am I doing wrong in the attached changeset?

thanks,
c.