Re: GUI font and cursor location

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: GUI font and cursor location
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 09:07:21 -0400

On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 6:16 AM, Doug Stewart <address@hidden> wrote:

On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 5:26 AM, Michael Goffioul <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 10:05 AM, Jacob Dawid <address@hidden> wrote:
Michael,

The fact that _fontWidth and fw are different is due to the fact that you're using a non-monospace font (otherwise they would be equal). Non-monospace fonts are not suited for rendering in a terminal.

Michael.

that's not true. The problems occur with monospaced fonts. There actually was a bug with computing the right cell size, as you mentioned, an Jen fixed it.

Obviously, my above statement implicitly assumed you're doing the computation right (in which case I believe _fontWidth == fw for a monospace font). But this doesn't change my impression that _fontWidth and _fontHeight must be integers.

Michael.

Michael, Hi

  We have a simple fix and will send it soon.  We only were testing and working in Ubuntu so I am not sure what is happening (or will happen) in windows

The problem is very demonstrate-able by running the qterminal by itself and using different default font sizes. Then fill one line of the qteminal display screen with characters, and watch the cursor location and character locations as you use the left and right arrow keys to move back and forth on the line.

OK here is the GIT patch see attached file.

--
DAS

https://linuxcounter.net/user/206392.html