Re: binary RPMs of Octave stable for enterprise Linux systems

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: binary RPMs of Octave stable for enterprise Linux systems
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 10:01:19 -0400

On 29 July 2012 16:53, Thomas Yengst <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have built Octave 3.6.2 RPMs for CentOS-5 and Scientific Linux 6
> and am happy to build for other flavors of Linux if there is
> interest and a place to store them.

If you just want a place to host them, we can upload them to the GNU
ftp site. However, I was under the impression that the idea was to
sell them. The Qt and LLVM dependencies for the GUI will involve a bit
more effort to backport those libraries to RHEL 5, and a future RPM
might also need those extra libraries.

- Jordi G. H.