Re: including a new gnulib module

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: including a new gnulib module
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 10:10:10 -0400

On 30-Jul-2012, Ben Abbott wrote:

| I did ...
|
|       cd gnulib
|       git pull
|
| ... and a fresh build beginning with autogen finished.

I think all you should have needed to do is run autogen.sh.  That runs
the bootstrap script, which uses gnulib-tool to update the set of
gnulib modules we are using.

You should not have needed the git pull.  The base64 module was
already in the current version of gnulib that we are using.  Now if
you push a changeset, it will also include an update to gnulib.  Maybe
it is OK to do that, but please don't mix an update to gnulib in with
some other unrelated changeset.