Re: Agora's design

From: Wendy Liu
Subject: Re: Agora's design
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 13:23:46 -0400

On 3 August 2012 11:28, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden> wrote:
Wendy, just to make sure you're aware, during our OctConf 2012
meeting, there was a lot of discussion about how we want to share
Octave code. On Planet Octave you can find the post summarising the
discussion, as well as here:

    http://octave-forge.blogspot.ca/2012/08/octconf2012-agora-and-pkg.html

I think this is quite a bit of work and perhaps outside of the scope
of what you initially signed up for. For now, ignore the Forge part,
which is possibly too big of a task. The rest of that should be
important points to consider.

Also, don't worry about integrating hg repos with Django for now. We
want Agora to be a place for people who are self-described "not a
programmer" to be able to share code (Octave's userbase involves
scientists and engineers who don't think of themselves as people who
write code, even when they are writing it). For this reason, we want
to make it as easy as possible for them to share, and nothing seems
simpler than uploading files without having to think about a VCS.

Thanks for the link. I'll keep this in mind.

If you want to replace the Django registration module with Django
auth, go ahead.  I just went with registration because for whatever
reason it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Oh no, not at all - in fact, the Django registration module uses Django auth. I can also definitely integrate OpenID.

If you redesign the look of Agora, try to keep some consistency with
the colour scheme and perhaps the logo. The Agora look was made by
Fotios Kasolis <address@hidden>, who made the Octave logo,
and we like our logo.

For sure. The colours I noticed were #D45500 (orange), #0791C1 (blue), #808080 (grey), and #EEEEEC (the light grey used in the logo). Are there any other colours I need to pay attention to? I like the logo as well.

-Wendy