Re: Last commit may break your builds

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Last commit may break your builds
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 09:30:49 -0400

On Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 12:50 PM, Jacob Dawid wrote:
> John,
>
> okay, you are thinking very different from what I thought of. I didn't
> notice you are generating a src.pro from a src.pro.in. Actually, I like that
> idea more than mine. For a port to Qt5 we would then have to generate a
> .pro-file, run the porting tool and then take the changes back to the
> src.pro.in. That is not a huge deal and might work as well.

As an alternative, I've integrated qmake into autotools before by having
a Makefile.am with rules sorta like this:

all-local: Makefile.qt
        $(MAKE) $(AM_MAKEFLAGS) -f $<

Makefile.qt: project.pro
        $(QMAKE) -o $@ $<

If you're interested in that approach, I can do some digging and see if
I had to do anything else to support vpath builds, but I know I had that
working.

--
mike