Re: integrating octave-gui and octave main programs (was: Re: Last commi

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: integrating octave-gui and octave main programs (was: Re: Last commit may break your builds)
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 20:23:56 -0400

On  5-Aug-2012, Michael Goffioul wrote:

| On Sun, Aug 5, 2012 at 10:30 PM, Michael Goffioul <address@hidden>
| wrote:
|

|         Now we don't try run qmake or look for moc, uic, or rcc unless qmake
|         is available.  Running make from the top-level directory will also
|         build the GUI, so you don't have to cd to the gui directory and run
|         make separately.  I also defined a HAVE_QT flag in config.h, but it's
|         not used yet.
|

|     Thanks, just a couple of questions/comments:
|     1) why didn't you remove the line "SUBDIRS += gui" in top-level
|     Makefile.am? it seems useless with the @GUIDIR@ replacement; note that I
|     didn't do it that way, because I wasn't sure whether it would be picked up
|     by the "dist" target even if @GUIDIR@ is set to an empty value
|

| Thinking about it, your change actually defeats the --enable-gui argument that
| I added previously.

Sorry, that was not intentional.  I just missed the "+=" line.

You are right that we should distribute all the source files even if
we didn't configure with the gui enabled.  I guess this is also a
problem for @DOCDIR@, except that I think other parts of the make dist
process will fail if that is not set.