Re: integrating octave-gui and octave main programs (was: Re: Last commi

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: integrating octave-gui and octave main programs (was: Re: Last commit may break your builds)
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 20:33:01 -0400

On  5-Aug-2012, Michael Goffioul wrote:

| 2) thanks for the $(@D) trick, I wasn't aware of it

I'm pretty sure that's a GNU Make feature.  But we already have
others, and I think it would be much harder to write the Makefiles
without depending on GNU Make features...

| 3) why did you add liboctave.la and libcruft.la? did you get undefined
| references?

No.  I guess we should handle this the same way as the tty octave main
program and the other libraries (see src/link-deps.mk).

| So maybe we should keep a CLI-only version around anyway.

I don't mind doing that.  I think the CLI-only binary should be the
one with the special name.  The GUI-enabled binary should just be
called "octave".