Re: 'noreturn' warning in libcruft

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: 'noreturn' warning in libcruft
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 21:06:44 +0100

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 8:21 PM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
On  7-Aug-2012, Michael Goffioul wrote:

| That's consistent with what's in dumped into config.h (we don't test for the
| feature, it's solely based on __GNUC__ definition).

I think it was probably done that way out of laziness.  I hesitate to
test for __GNUC__ in more places.  I think it would be better to use
HAVE_ATTR_NORETURN, even if that is (due to more laziness) also
defined in the config.h header based solely on __GNUC__.  Maybe also
we should rename the HAVE_GCC_ATTR_NORETURN to be HAVE_ATTR_NORETURN,
since this might eventually be a feature of more than one compiler.

Why not use the _Noreturn macro already part of generated config.h (coming from gnulib)? This does not solve the problem of the return statement, but allows to remove octave's own handling of noreturn.

Michael.