Re: SuiteSparse problems

From: Martin Helm
Subject: Re: SuiteSparse problems
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 02:18:05 +0200

Am 10.08.2012 01:39, schrieb Robinson, Melvin D:
> What error did you get when you tried --with-umfpack="-lumfpack
> -lSuiteSparse"

The same as without the -lSuiteSparse (since that simply does not exist)
an undefined reference to SuiteSparse_time.
Anyway I downloaded in the meantime the sourc rpm for openSUSE 12.2 RC2
and ran a rpmbuild on it to see what it produces and what might be be
missing in packaging it.
I found that in the SuiteSparse/SuiteSparse_config/ directory a
libsuitesparseconfig should be built which contains what is missing,
compiling that and then linking with
"-lsuitesparseconfig -lrt" in addition makes my octave development
sources compile without missing features and all tests pass without
skipped tests.
A bit ugly for my taste, but ok as a quick fix for the moment.

  PASS     10473
  FAIL         0
  XFAIL        3

I have to report to the package maintainers that they fix the packages,
essentially it means that all umfpack and cholmod related functionality
is at the moment broken in openSUSE also for the stable octave version
from the science repository, since they changed suitesparse also for the
released openSUSE versions 11.4 and 12.1 to 4.0.