error building GUI on Mac OS-X 10.6.8

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: error building GUI on Mac OS-X 10.6.8
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 21:10:37 -0400

On 10-Aug-2012, Thomas Yengst wrote:

| I successfully built the development version with help from Ben. Finally,
success on OS-X. Now I'm trying to build Jacob's GUI and run into something
that I haven't seen on the maintainers list.

| I did the following;:
| hg update gui
| hg pull
| cd gui
| qmake
| make
|
| ... and got fairly far into the compile before....

I'm not sure what is causing the compile problems, but I've recently
changed the build system so that you should now just do ./autogen.sh
in the source tree and then configure in the build tree, then make.
You don't need to run qmake or cd to the gui directory to run make,
just do it from the top-level directory

See also this message about a minor problem that I'm working on fixing
but have not checked in yet:

https://mailman.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2012-August/029359.html

If you still have problems, then please report the details.

Thanks,