Re: error building GUI on Mac OS-X 10.6.8

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: error building GUI on Mac OS-X 10.6.8
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 17:13:36 +0100

On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 3:53 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
The the "thread" subdirectory references removed

OK, but if you remove moc_QTerminal.cpp and let moc recreate it )when run from gui/src/), does it contain a reference to thread again?

and the findFirst.diff patch applied, my build completes.  When I run, I encounter ...

The process has forked and you cannot use this CoreFoundation functionality safely. You MUST exec().
Break on __THE_PROCESS_HAS_FORKED_AND_YOU_CANNOT_USE_THIS_COREFOUNDATION_FUNCTIONALITY___YOU_MUST_EXEC__() to debug.
panic: Segmentation fault: 11 -- stopping myself...
attempting to save variables to `octave-workspace'...

The first two lines show up 17 times. I cut the other 16 out above.

Same result from gdb, and the backtrace is empty.

Damn OS X platform...

I'm wondering whether it's because octave engine is initialized in the parent process, then run in the child process. It might yet another thing that is forbidden on OS X (like running the GUI in a non-main thread). Could you maybe run octave in gdb and put a breakpoint in display_info::init? I want to check whether some CoreFoundation call is happening before the fork call.

Michael.