Re: error building GUI on Mac OS-X 10.6.8

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: error building GUI on Mac OS-X 10.6.8
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 19:00:35 -0400

On Aug 11, 2012, at 6:28 PM, Ben Abbott wrote:

> On Aug 11, 2012, at 6:01 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:
>
>> On 11-Aug-2012, Ben Abbott wrote:
>>
>> | With that change ...
>> |
>> | $ ./run-octave
>> | panic: Segmentation fault: 11 -- stopping myself...
>> | attempting to save variables to `octave-workspace'...
>>
>> I have no clue.  What does gdb tell you about where it is crashing?
>>
>> jwe
>
> Nothing useful.
>
> panic: Segmentation fault: 11 -- stopping myself...
> attempting to save variables to `octave-workspace'...
> save to `octave-workspace' complete
>
> Program exited normally.
> (gdb) bt
> No stack.
> (gdb)
>
> I saw this earlier, but it mysteriously corrected itself when I deleted a
> moc_xxxx.cc file and ran make again. I'll make a fresh start with a "make
> clean; make" and see what happens.  If the problem persists I'll try deleting
> the moc file and see if that makes any difference.
>
> Ben

After "make clean" I had to remove the references to the "thread" subdirectory
again.  Once the build complete, I still see the crash.  Previously that
disappeared after I deleted gui/qterminal/libqterminal/moc_QTerminal.cpp and
ran "make" again.  However, as was the case the first time, the new
moc_QTerminal.cpp did not contain the "thread" subdirectory reference.

Ben