Re: Rename src/

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Rename src/
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 13:33:45 -0400

On 14 August 2012 13:24, Rik <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 08/14/2012 10:00 AM, address@hidden wrote:

>> From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden>

>> One last thing in the source tree reorganisation. Can we rename
>> src/ to interp/?

> We could do that, although I don't have too much of a problem with src/
> since it *is* the source code for octave, which happens to be an
> interpreter.

Well, Octave is now also a GUI, and arguably it's also a bunch of C++
libraries to wrap around Fortran libraries (liboctave). I don't know,
I found the plain "src/" name to no longer be descriptive. Octave is
no longer primarily just an interpreter. With the GUI, now it looks
like the interpreter is but one important component of Octave, but now
Octave is also an editor, documentation browser, and a source-level
debugger.

- Jordi G. H.