Re: renaming libcruft

From: Rik
Subject: Re: renaming libcruft
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 15:19:04 -0700

On 08/14/2012 01:11 PM, Mike Miller wrote:
> Rik also wrote:
>>> I see it being more of a problem where the directory names
>>> are not descriptive of what is inside.  For example, libcruft gives me no
>>> indication of what I should really expect to find there.  When John gets
>>> back in a few days I'd like to see about renaming that directory.  It is a
>>> bunch of old Fortran code so maybe "liboctfort", "libfort", etc.
> I do like this idea, and I'd want to see something that indicates the
> library belongs to Octave. On Debian, libcruft is installed alongside
> all other system libraries, so it might be good to namespace it like
> liboctfort or liboctf77, or even liboctcruft :)

I also like this idea.  We already make liboctinterp for the interpreter
and liboctgui for the GUI so putting libcruft into the liboct naming space
makes sense.

What other suggestions do people have for this directory?  Current list is
small
liboctfort
liboctf77

I always like to have a big list to choose from and only then make a final
decision.

--Rik