Re: Requesting to assign the task to fix "bug #36732: interp1 does not c

From: vivek dogra
Subject: Re: Requesting to assign the task to fix "bug #36732: interp1 does not check input for monotonicity"
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 00:55:28 +0530

Thank you for your reply. I created the changeset and uploaded the same on the bug report. Is there anything else to be done?

With regards,
Vivek.

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 5:15 PM, Carnë Draug <address@hidden> wrote:
Make you sure you always make "reply to all" and include the mailing list.

On 13 August 2012 10:49, vivek dogra <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 3:52 PM, Carnë Draug <address@hidden>
> wrote:

>> > Thank you, so i should just upload the corrected m-file on the bugs
>> > page?
>> >

>> No. Upload a changeset to the bug report. See the manual (
>>
>> http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Basics-of-Generating-a-Changeset.html#Basics-of-Generating-a-Changeset
>> ) for how to prepare a changeset. Ignore the part about submitting it
>> to the mailing list. The next version of the manual won't say that ;)
>>
>> If you can't generate a changeset that's ok, upload the .m file but a
>> changeset is preferred as it makes things easier.
>>
>> Carnë
>
> Hey, I have cloned the octave repo using this command  git clone
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/r/gnulib because
>
>  hg clone http://www.octave.org/hg/octave
>
> was not working for me

Why was not working for you? Was it because it was failing downloading
gnulib? Some proxies and firewalls are configured to block the port
that git uses. There is a "right way" to do this, see
http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/get-involved.html . Basically, add
the following to your .hgrc file:

[subpaths]
git://git.sv.gnu.org/gnulib = http://git.savannah.gnu.org/r/gnulib.git

> It created a gnulib directory which contains many another things, next thing
> which is written in the link (for creating a changeset) is basically to cd
> octave, but there is no octave folder. I am just lost.
> I apologize if i am asking very basic questions. But could you please tell
> me how should i solve this problem? It has become a road block for me :(

There is no octave because it seems you only cloned gnulib but not
octave. These are differents things. gnulib is used by Octave but is
not Octave.

Carnë