FSF address in /usr/include/octave-3.6.2/octave/gl2ps.h

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: FSF address in /usr/include/octave-3.6.2/octave/gl2ps.h
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 19:31:27 -0400

On 15-Aug-2012, Martin Helm wrote:

| When doing rpm builds for 3.6.2 rpmlint always spits out that nasty warning
|
| [ 1977s] octave-devel.x86_64: W: incorrect-fsf-address
| /usr/include/octave-3.6.2/octave/gl2ps.h
| [ 1977s] The Free Software Foundation address in this file seems to be
| outdated or
| [ 1977s] misspelled.  Ask upstream to update the address, or if this is
| a license file,
| [ 1977s] possibly the entire file with a new copy available from the FSF.
|
| (same address is in my gl2ps.h from the development sources)
|
| What policy do we have for such 3rd party code? Can we simply change
| that to the address
|
| Free Software Foundation
| 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor
| Boston, MA 02110-1301
| USA
|
| instead of what it shows now
|
| Free Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
|
| If such a change is ok, I'll happily send a patch.
| If that was already somewhere discussed and I missed that, then sorry
| for the noise.

Instead of the street address, I recommend using

  along with Octave; see the file COPYING.  If not, see
  <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.

But in any case, the policy for updating gl2ps is that we copy from
upstream.  Please ask them to change it, then we can update our copy.
Updating our copy and not fixing the problem upstream means that we
will have to make this change each time we update our copy of the
gl2ps files.