Re: Feedback on Agora Octave design

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: Feedback on Agora Octave design
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 00:24:50 +0100

On 18 August 2012 15:58, Jacob Dawid <address@hidden> wrote:

>> > 1.) The order of menu items is weird. It should be: code - discuss -
>> > help - about, descending depending on how frequent you use it.
>>
>> Isn't it conventional that "about" comes first?
>
> I don't think so. Open up eBay, facebook or any other site. The most
> important action is always starting as the leftmost item on the upper right
> area. On eBay this is "Buy", on facebook it is "Register", on amazon "Log
> in", etc.

I'd go with Jacob on this one. Actually most of the times I'd even
look for an About or Help button on the bottom of the page, not on the
top.

That reminds me of something I read some years ago on a book of
website design. That we should also have the main buttons also on the
bottom of the page. The reasoning for this is that after you finished
reading a page, you don't have to scroll to the top to click on them.
These buttons would not have the icon, just a line of text, each word
the same link as the buttons.

Carnë