Issues with the GUI

From: Laurent Hoeltgen
Subject: Issues with the GUI
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 10:07:55 +0200

Hi,

I've managed to compile the gui and played around with it a bit. I
noticed some strange behaviours and just wanted to know whether these
issues were known or not.

1. Maximizing the window doesn't work 100%. The final window is a bit
too large and I can't see the last line of the command window. Note,
that this could also be a bug related to QT and the openbox window
manager of my lubuntu 11.10 distro, as I have similar problems with
Wolfram Mathematica 8 (which uses QT too).

2. The command window prints a warning:

QFont::setPointSize: Point size <= 0(0), must be greater than 0

However I don't see any negative consequences on this. All the fonts are
well readable.

3. Entering something like plot(sin(1:10)) shows the plot window, but
after I close the plot, I can't enter any further commands anymore.

4. The cursor and the actual position where the text is entered in the
command window seem to be a bit off sometimes. It has happened to me
that the cursor was positioned roughly 5 spaces behind the actual point
where text was entered.

5. Marking text results in shifts in the text (I guess this is related
to point 4.

For the reference: I'm running lubuntu 11.10, 32bit with hg sources
being up to date (did a hg pull and hg update two hours ago).

Let me know if you need any further information on this.

Regards,
Laurent