Re: 'hg update' failing

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: 'hg update' failing
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 09:55:15 -0400

On 23 August 2012 09:38, CdeMills <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> getting back from vacation; I tried to update the Octave local mercurial
> repository:
> hg -v pull
> => OK
> hg -v update
> resolving manifests
> cloning subrepo libgui/qterminal from https://code.google.com/p/qterminal/
> error: Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to code.google.com:443
> while accessing https://code.google.com/p/qterminal/info/refs
> fatal: HTTP request failed
> abandon : git clone error 128 in libgui/qterminal

Sigh, git... I'd rather get rid of that subrepo. I am trying to figure
out how to get it accepted by the Qt project.

Can you try the git clone operation by itself? From inside libgui/ run

    git clone https://code.google.com/p/qterminal/

If that doesn't work, try some git options (-v or whatever) to debug
the problem.

And if that still doesn't work, I'll convert the git repo to an hg one. ;-)

- Jordi G. H.