Re: MinGW build error: cannot convert 'STARTUPINFO*' to '_STARTUPINFOW*'

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: MinGW build error: cannot convert 'STARTUPINFO*' to '_STARTUPINFOW*' ... etc
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 18:21:30 +0100

On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 1:12 PM, Philip Nienhuis <address@hidden> wrote:
Building on MinGW using Tatsuro's build stuff
(http://www.tatsuromatsuoka.com/octave/Eng/Win/)

Build errors out in libgui/qterminal (I've made the actual error bold so it
stands out between the many warning errors):

*../../../octave/libgui/src/../qterminal/libqterminal/win32/QWinTerminalImpl.cpp:632:30:
er
ror: cannot convert 'STARTUPINFO*' to '_STARTUPINFOW*' for argument '9' to
'BOOL CreatePro
cessW(const WCHAR*, WCHAR*, _SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES*, _SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES*,
BOOL, DWORD, voi
d*, const WCHAR*, _STARTUPINFOW*, _PROCESS_INFORMATION*)'*

Most probably -DUNICODE is required. I think it used to part of the compilation flags when using qmake, but was probably lost during the conversion to autotools. I didn't try to recompile under Windows since then.

Michael.