Re: HTML build of documentation

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: HTML build of documentation
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 23:21:14 -0500

On 08/30/2012 08:27 PM, Rik wrote:
8/30/12

Mike,

I checked in a changeset which restores the building of the HTML
documentation (http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/219dcb37bdf9).
The trick I used was an "order-only prerequisite".  It is a rare usage
construct, but the documentation contains an example case which is
identical to the problem with the the image files and the octave.html
directory that we have.  It seems that it was designed just for this sort
of situation.  For more reading see
http://www.gnu.org/software/make/manual/make.html#Prerequisite-Types.

Nice. Mid afternoon I had a post ready to go indicating that the re-running of configure happens still, but only the first time running "make" after "configure". It must have been the creation of those directories on the first pass that triggered the rerun of configure. Fixed now, thanks.

Dan