Re: [OctDev] How can I help with translation?

From: Michael D Godfrey
Subject: Re: [OctDev] How can I help with translation?
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 10:05:33 -0400

On 09/04/2012 05:30 AM, 胡小柯 wrote:
Thanks, Carnë and Michael, And sorry for top posting.  I think the
manual(that PDF) is also helpful, so I decide to continue translate
it. And you suggest finding out how the help manual built by process
the Octave from sources, but I'm not good at programmer. Do I need to
read all the sources or which files build the help manual?
A translation of the Manual will certainly be helpful Are you
translating directly into Chinese text, or are you familiar with
TeX or Latex?  The Manual is composed from the same files that
produce the "help" text in Octave, and a form of TeX is used in
this process.  This is what allows using mathematical expressions,
and also supports inserting the tables and plots.

You do not really need to know much about this to do the
translation from octave.pdf, but at some point to make it all
work well  (the help text becomes Chinese, and the Manual
in Chinese is generated in the same way as the English) there
will be a need to do some more work.  We hope that someone
who both knows Chinese and knows more about the internals
of Octave may come along to help out!

By the way, please be sure that you are working from the
latest version of octave.pdf.  A way to get this is to download
the "devel" source and build the system.  The Manual will
appear in octave/doc/interpreter/octave.pdf.  If you have trouble
with this, one of us can email a copy to you.

So, please keep doing what you can.  That is all we can ask!

Michael