Re: [OctDev] How can I help with translation?

From: Michael D Godfrey
Subject: Re: [OctDev] How can I help with translation?
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 10:49:38 -0400

On 09/07/2012 10:20 AM, 胡小柯 wrote:
And I think I should help with translation of help text, not that pdf.
I'll try to learn how the help text built.
I think that this is a good idea.  It will be easier to get started and can
be done one step at a time.

If you look at the source text for a function you will find in the text
the help text.  You can find the location of the function text by the
octave command: which "function name".

Also, the Matlab information in Chinese is surely helpful.  When you
describe what you are doing you should provide the links to any
other helpful information.

I think that there is some documentation about how to write the help
text.  Maybe someone who knows those details can help you with
this.  (As you see, I have copied the Octave maintainers list on this
email.)

One detail point:  someone will need to decide how to choose the
right language to be displayed.  This could be triggered by the LANG
environment variable, for example.

Michael