Re: --jit-enable

From: Rik
Subject: Re: --jit-enable
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 15:18:06 -0700

On 09/10/2012 02:37 PM, Philip Nienhuis wrote:
> Rik wrote:
>> On 09/10/2012 12:50 PM, address@hidden wrote:
>>> Message: 7
>>> Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 21:34:17 +0200
>>> From: Philip Nienhuis<address@hidden>
>>> To: Max Brister<address@hidden>
>>> Cc: Philip Nienhuis<address@hidden>,
>>> address@hidden
>>> Subject: Re: LLVM not picked up - too old version?

>>> Thanks, yes --enable-jit=yes did the trick.
>>> I must have missed that announcement somehow.
>>>
>>> BTW I now see messages (using sources updated two hours ago):
>>> "cc1plus: warning: /usr/bin/llvm-config: not a directory {enabled by
>>> default]"
>>> repeated twice after every compile step. Should I start worrying?
>> Yes. That is unlikely to work. We can wait until the end of the compile,
>> but I think I want to see your config.log file.
>
> Hmmm, you were right. It just errored out. Messages attached below in msg body. Sorry for line wrap, that's how I copied it from a Konsole terminal.
> I'll attach the bzip2'd config.log (78 KB) anyway.

9/10/12

Philip,

The problem is that the location for the llvm-config program is being set to "which llvm-config".  It looks like maybe there was an attempt to set the LLVM_CONFIG environment variable with LLVM_CONFIG="which llvm-config" instead of LLVM_CONFIG=`which llvm-config`.  Notice the backticks in the second _expression_ which will force it to be executed in a subshell and return the result of the command.

Offhand, unless you have llvm-config in a strange place, I would let configure search for it rather than specifying it in the LLVM_CONFIG environment variable.  Try something like

unset LLVM_CONFIG
./configure {OPTIONS} | tee myconfig.log

Look inside myconfig.log and you should have something like the following:

checking for llvm-config... /usr/local/bin/llvm-config

Otherwise, I would locate llvm-config by hand on your system and then use

LLVM_CONFIG='full_path_to_llvm-config'
export LLVM_CONFIG
./configure {OPTIONS} | tee myconfig.log

And again check myconfig.log to see that the build system correctly found llvm-config.

--Rik