GUI Preferences: Bug or feature?

From: Thorsten Liebig
Subject: GUI Preferences: Bug or feature?
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 14:45:27 +0200

Hi,

After sending this to the wrong mailing list, here it is again ;)

I did some changes concerning the "Preferences" in the Octave GUI.

What I noticed is, that changes to the e.g. "Editor" Preferences would only
affect newly opened editor tabs.

For example: Disabling line numbers, would not affect currently open tabs.

My question: Is this a desired effect. Because I would expect that if you
change some preferences it would effect all editor tabs, already open and
new ones.

Changing this behavior would require quite some doing, the Settings Dialog
would need to emit a signal, that changes have been made and all GUI
classes would need to have a new slot to receive this signal and eventually act
on it.

I would be willing to look into it, but not if the current behavior is desired
as it is. To me this looks like it should be changed...

regards
Thorsten