Re: declarations for built-in DEFUN functions

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: declarations for built-in DEFUN functions
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 16:23:55 -0400

On 18-Sep-2012, Rik wrote:

| > Message: 7
| > Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 15:41:47 -0400
| > From: "John W. Eaton" <address@hidden>
| > Subject: declarations for built-in DEFUN functions
| >
| > Some questions:
| >
| > * Nearly all source files already have corresponding header files.
| > Should we include the -defun-decls.h files there instead of in the
| > .cc files?
|
| I would expect to find exported function prototypes in header files so this
| makes sense to me.

What about for the functions in the libinterp/corefcn directory?
Those don't currently have corresponding header files.  Should they,
or should we just use the -defun-decls.h files for them?  There are 66
files there, and more than half of those files provide only a single
function.  So if we create header files for each of them we would be
adding another 66 header files in addition to the 66 generated
-defun-decls.h files.  Or, I suppose we could treat those files
specially and generate foo.h instead of foo-defun-decls.h.

Another option I considered was to just lump all these declarations
together in builtins.h and not generate separate header files for each
source file that defines a built-in function.