Re: MinGW: 'QUnixTerminalImpl' has not been declared

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: MinGW: 'QUnixTerminalImpl' has not been declared
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 16:12:35 -0500

On 09/20/2012 03:37 PM, Daniel J Sebald wrote:
On 09/20/2012 03:24 PM, Philip Nienhuis wrote:
Daniel J Sebald wrote:
On 09/20/2012 03:07 PM, Philip Nienhuis wrote:
[snip]
FYI, I did hg clone ....... on my Linux laptop, ran ./autogen.sh there,
tar.gz'ed it, transplanted and untar/unzipped it into my MinGW dev
directory.

Thanks,

Philip

Oh, I don't think that will work Philip. The reason is that

moc-QTerminal.cc
moc-QTerminalInterface.cc

are generated files with contents dependent upon the system.

That should happen during ./configure, not during .autogen.sh, or have I
got that wrong?

No, that's right. But I'm wondering if that makes a difference or not.
The autogen.sh/bootstrap may be setting some definition as though the
configure is intended for WIN32, or something. Let me think about this
one. I see where the MOC/Q_OS_WIN32 definitions are done.

The definitions and such in libgui/Makefile.in end up looking reasonable (they are dependent upon WIN32_TERMINAL_TRUE and WIN32_TERMINAL_FALSE). Similarly, my ./configure file tests look proper (they are dependent upon win32_terminal from AC:

 if test $win32_terminal = yes; then
  WIN32_TERMINAL_TRUE=
  WIN32_TERMINAL_FALSE='#'
else
  WIN32_TERMINAL_TRUE='#'
  WIN32_TERMINAL_FALSE=
fi
)

To narrow down what we are looking for, could you please check the result of your ./configure inside the config.status file for something like the following?

S["WIN32_TERMINAL_FALSE"]=""
S["WIN32_TERMINAL_TRUE"]="#"

What that means is a comment character (#) will be put in front of a Windows-related definitions.

On your system the result should be the opposite. Let's confirm that first. (And if you find in your config.status these two lines aren't opposite of above, try switching the "#" around and then run "make" just to see if compilation finishes.)

Dan