Re: Free IDE for Octave exploration and development

From: Julian Schnidder
Subject: Re: Free IDE for Octave exploration and development
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2012 22:55:01 +0200

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 12:27 PM, Alex Khazin <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Pascal,
>
> Sorry I did not explained myself well.
>
> I intended to explore the octave source code. I would like ti participate in
> the effort of coding. I did not find any documentation on the internal
> files/classes structures so I wanted to learn it by myself using some
> friendly IDE.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex
>
> On Sep 21, 2012 11:43 AM, "CdeMills" <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> [...]

Hi Alex,

The eclipse-community has prepared a package called "Eclipse IDE for
C/C++ Developers". You'll find it on http://eclipse.org/downloads/ (or
install the "Eclipse C/C++ development tools" (CDT) if you are already
familiar with eclipse). You may want to give it a try.

Another more lightweight option is geany (http://www.geany.org/). But
that is more an enhanced editor. There is also anjuta
(http://anjuta.org/), Netbeans with C++ support
(http://netbeans.org/downloads/index.html) and more for sure.

Hope, that helped

Julian