Re: [patch #7847] Make gnuplot Qt terminal default for GUI/IDE via envir

From: Michael D. Godfrey
Subject: Re: [patch #7847] Make gnuplot Qt terminal default for GUI/IDE via environment variable
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 21:19:59 -0400

On 09/24/2012 08:41 PM, Mike Miller wrote:
Yeah, I have 3 reasons why this won't work:
1. It doesn't work :) The interpreter hasn't started up yet at this
point in the code so feval is a no-go.
2. The octave_start_gui function is pretty small and simple and this
adds special-purpose clutter.
3. It's easier to maintain if we keep gnuplot-related changes together.

I've started work on a changeset to add a function so the interpreter
can tell whether the GUI is running
(https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/index.php?7851). Once this is in
place, I think we can move all of this logic into gnuplot_default_term
(in __gnuplot_drawnow__.m).

-- mike
This sounds good.  Remember that there is an intention that
fltk take over as the default graphics system.  I have not used
gnuplot for quite a long time and see no reason to go back to
it with or without the GUI.
Michael