Re: trig functions

From: Michael D. Godfrey
Subject: Re: trig functions
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 21:48:04 -0400

On 09/25/2012 09:30 PM, Rik wrote:
I can't quite work out where that is being translated to an actual function call but it will be in files called *mappers*.
I got lost about here, too.  I have not made detailed comparisons of the other
functions, but I tried acos(4) which should return NaN and raise "invalid floating-point
exception." Instead, it returns.
octave:1> acos(4)
ans =  0.00000 - 2.06344i

Matlab does the same.  So, someone must have thought this was a good idea.  It is
likely that the non-exception cases will match.

Michael