Slow copy/paste feeding to IDE terminal

From: John Swensen
Subject: Slow copy/paste feeding to IDE terminal
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 23:51:54 -0400

Does anyone know the root cause of how slow the characters appear when I try to
copy/paste into the IDE terminal (or double click on the history)?  I've tried
to trace the code path that is execute on a copy/paste and can't find anything
specific about what might be causing the slow behavior.  I can definitely type
in the terminal window as fast as possible with not slow effects, so I think it
is isolated to behaviors that feed a string to the terminal.  Another
interesting behavior is with a recent patch I submitted.  The patch allows the
user to select multiple lines in the history, right-click and send them all to
the terminal for execution.  The interesting bit is that all but the final line
of commands is sent to the terminal and executed immediately, but the final
line of the history has the characters appear slowly.

John S.