Re: updating the manual about autogen being bootstrap

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: updating the manual about autogen being bootstrap
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2012 23:43:18 -0500

On 10/02/2012 10:43 PM, Doug Stewart wrote:
In the manual I see
"
[snip]
    * Generate the necessary configuration files:

                 ./autogen.sh

    * Create a build directory and change to it:

                 mkdir build
                 cd build

      By using a separate build directory, you will keep the source
      directory clean and it will be easy to completely remove all files
      generated by the build. You can also have parallel build trees for
      different
"

I would like to make a patch to change this, but I haven't figured out
what file has the source.
I someone would point me to the source file I will make a patch.
Doug

[octave]$ grep "Create a build directory and change" */*/*
doc/interpreter/contrib.txi:Create a build directory and change to it:
doc/interpreter/octave.info-6: * Create a build directory and change to it:

octave.info-6 is a generated file, as there is only the contrib.txi in the repository:

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/file/c5749d4eab58/doc/interpreter/contrib.txi

John recently updated that change, at least the "autogen.sh" to "boostrap" part of things.

Dan