Re: Implement the signbit() function

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Implement the signbit() function
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 08:34:43 -0400

On 3 October 2012 19:57, Michael D. Godfrey <address@hidden> wrote:
> I looked some more at mappers.cc, but could not
> understand it well enough to be confident about
> implementing a signbit() function whose behavior would
> be exactly like sign() but it would return the signbit(s)
> of its argument, and it can directly use the signbit in C++.

It would take me a bit of work to implement this, but probably not
more than a few hours. I may be more motivated to do so if I could
understand its utility. It seems to me like a very academic and
hypothetical use. Is there an actual case where the differences
between Octave and Matlab with atan2 matter?

- Jordi G. H.