Re: fltk rendering problem

From: Martin Helm
Subject: Re: fltk rendering problem
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 15:57:44 +0200

Am 12.10.2012 15:46, schrieb Mike Miller:
> FLTK wisdom needed,
>
> The attachment fltk-plot-debian-i965-dri shows what FLTK plots look
> like to me on my regular development system. I had been wondering why
> everyone thought FLTK was such an improvement :)
>
> The attachment fltk-plot-good shows what I see now that I have tried
> it on other boxes and I assume what everyone else is seeing. Looks
> much better!
>
> This "dotted line" effect on my display seems related to the default
> line width being 0.5, if I set the line and axis widths to 1
> everything looks more like the other screengrab. Does anyone see
> anything similar to this? Or if you set your linewidth to an even
> smaller fraction?
>
> Debian testing, Mesa OpenGL 8.0.4, Intel xorg driver 2.20.2, i965 DRI
> driver, in case any of those are known to cause problems.

Just to confirm when I run fltk backend on my openSUSE 12.2 notebook
with Intel Sandybridge and Mesa 8.0.4 I see the same effect, it looks
well on my other systems with proprietary nvidia drivers (same GNU/Linux
distro and version).
Looks like an anti aliasing problem, I need to look into the source code.