Re: Instruction for building with JIT

From: Laurent Hoeltgen
Subject: Re: Instruction for building with JIT
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 11:12:59 +0200

On 16/10/12 10:49, Richard wrote:
Hi,

Are there instructions anywhere for building with JIT support? I'm
having some trouble.

I have installed LLVM 3.1 from source, doing configure,make, make
install, so it should be in wherever the standard place is on Mint Linux
12.

 From the mailing lists I gather I need to do something like:

./configure LLVM_CONFIG=path_to_llvm_config

but what is "path_to_llvm_config" likely to be on my system? I have tried

octave/build $ which llvm-config
/usr/local/bin/llvm-config

then

../configure LLVM_CONFIG=/usr/local/bin/llvm-config

but I get

   Build Octave GUI:                   true
   JIT compiler for loops:             false
   Do internal array bounds checking:  false
   Use octave_allocator:               false
   Build static libraries:             false
   Build shared libraries:             true
   Dynamic Linking:                    true (dlopen)
   Include support for GNU readline:   true
   64-bit array dims and indexing:     false

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Richard C

Hi,

the configure script has an option --enable-jit. I guess you'll need that.

Regards,
Laurent