Re: Octave 3.6.4-rc0 release candidate available for ftp

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Octave 3.6.4-rc0 release candidate available for ftp
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 13:48:35 -0400

On Oct 18, 2012, at 1:41 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:

> On 18-Oct-2012, Ben Abbott wrote:
>
> | I'm surprised as well.  Perhaps we should leave it alone until someone else
> confirms?  (maybe something is wrong on my end?)
> |
> | Ben
>
> What versions of autoconf, automake, and libtool do you have?  When I
> build the tar file, I'm using
>
>  $ autoconf --version
>  autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.69
>  Copyright (C) 2012 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>  License GPLv3+/Autoconf: GNU GPL version 3 or later
>  <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>, <http://gnu.org/licenses/exceptions.html>
>  This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
>  There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
>
>  Written by David J. MacKenzie and Akim Demaille.
>
>  $ automake --version
>  automake (GNU automake) 1.11.6
>  Copyright (C) 2011 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>  License GPLv2+: GNU GPL version 2 or later
> <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html>
>  This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
>  There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
>
>  Written by Tom Tromey <address@hidden>
>         and Alexandre Duret-Lutz <address@hidden>.
>
>  $ libtool --version
>  libtool (GNU libtool) 2.4.2
>  Written by Gordon Matzigkeit <address@hidden>, 1996
>
>  Copyright (C) 2011 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>  This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
>  warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
>  coredump:2005>
>

> jwe

$ autoconf --version
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.69
License GPLv3+/Autoconf: GNU GPL version 3 or later
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>, <http://gnu.org/licenses/exceptions.html>

Written by David J. MacKenzie and Akim Demaille.

$ automake --version
automake (GNU automake) 1.11.5
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html>

Written by Tom Tromey <address@hidden>
       and Alexandre Duret-Lutz <address@hidden>.

$ libtool --version
libtool: unknown option character `-' in: --version
Usage: libtool -static [-] file [...] [-filelist listfile[,dirname]]
[-arch_only arch] [-sacLT]
Usage: libtool -dynamic [-] file [...] [-filelist listfile[,dirname]]
[-arch_only arch] [-o output] [-install_name name] [-compatibility_version #]
[-current_version #] [-seg1addr 0x#] [-segs_read_only_addr 0x#]
[-segs_read_write_addr 0x#] [-seg_addr_table <filename>]
[-seg_addr_table_filename <file_system_path>] [-all_load] [-noall_load]

hmmm ... I'll just ask MacPorts.

$ port installed libtool
  libtool @2.4_1
  libtool @2.4.2_0
  libtool @2.4.2_2
  libtool @2.4.2_3 (active)

The link below indicates that I'm using the same libtool as you ... but why is
the syntax is different?

        http://www.macports.org/ports.php?by=library&substr=libtool

Ben