Re: Implementation of importdata belonging to Octave Core or Octave-Forg

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: Implementation of importdata belonging to Octave Core or Octave-Forge?
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2012 22:01:50 +0200

On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 9:51 PM, Philip Nienhuis <address@hidden> wrote:
> But (given the average number of active maintainers over a longer period)
> there's also something to say for keeping core Octave compact and
> well-maintained, and leaving specialized functions in OF.

Well, if you try to draw a line between "general enough" and
specialized you will see how fuzzy the boundary is.
I think is good to have OF with field specific routines, definitely.
But there is some fuctionality there (like inputParser, yeah I know we
wait for classdef) that could eventually be moved into core.

Anyway, Lets see what Jordi says to your questions since he is the one
who added importdata to core.