Re: [OctDev] wavwrite() with integer arguments

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: [OctDev] wavwrite() with integer arguments
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 14:30:34 -0400

Hi,

On 22 October 2012 13:44, Froebe, Matej <address@hidden> wrote:
> I need to write integer values to wav file, so I modified  the wavwrite
> function. Its behavior now depends on data input type (for floats the input
> data range is -1.0 to 1.0).
>
> Does it make sense, to include this small change in the package? If yes, how
> do I proceed?

You have found the Octave Forge mailing list which is for add-on
packages to Octave, not for Octave itself. The wavwrite function is in
core Octave, so its modifications should be discussed on the
maintainers' list itself, address@hidden, CC'ed here.

As to how to actually produce the changes, show us what they are
first. If you have the desire to undertake the necessary paperwork to
get it accepted, please read these:

    http://jordi.inversethought.com/blog/how-to-write-a-patch-for-octave/

http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Contributing-Guidelines.html