Fwarning returns

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Fwarning returns
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 11:13:37 -0400

On 23-Oct-2012, Robinson, Melvin D wrote:

| My Octave build from sources fails on Mountain Lion and has the following
| error:
| error: 'Fwarning' was not declared in this scope
|
| This was fixed according to bug 37461, but seems to have returned…at least on
| my system.
|
| butterfly:octave melrobin$ hg tip

In hg, "tip" is just the most recent revision that has been checked
in.  That's not necessarily equivalent to the state of your source
tree.  If you want to report the current state of your source tree,
please use "hg id" instead.

| I tried the solution on this page, but it did not work:
| http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Default-not-compiling-td4644379.html
|
| Any more ideas?  This is repeatable if it helps.

So builtin-defun-decls.h is not being created correctly?  Why not?  Is
it empty or mangled in some other way?  The file is generated by the
mkbuiltins script, which uses a sed command.  Maybe we are using some
nonportable sed command.  What sed are you using?  The mkbuiltins
script does this:

  SED=${SED:-'sed'}

and all Octave Makefiles should have the lines

  SED = ...
  export SED

so the version of sed you get should be the one defined in the
libinterp/Makefile, as deteremined by configure.

In any case, I don't see this problem, so I think you'll have to do
some detective work to find out why it is failing for you.